:: View topic - Two basic questions about thhe 200e

Two basic questions about thhe 200e

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Expecho

ID: 10559

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Two basic questions about thhe 200e Reply with quote

Hi,

just two simple questions:
- How long can the device still operate after the low battery signal is coming up, based on a log interval of 2 seconds
- Is there a visual indication about the charging status, how do I know it is fully charged?

moustique

ID: 3214

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

1) As all IgotU device seems to work with the same principle, depending on your way-point intervals, in @trip PC, it will tell you the approximate battery duration. This is also depending on the signal quality, looking for a signal might consume more power than being in an open space.
For a 10 hours longevity, I would recharge my device after 8 hours to avoid bad surprise due to empty battery as nothing really warns you.
2) Fully charged, red led will switch off (in dark, you can still see a very light red light)

Cheers Moustique Smile

Some of this information is here... worth for all IgotU device.
http://igotu-gt120.blogspot.com/2009_08_07_archive.html

Expecho

ID: 10559

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. The only problem is that, while travelling, i have no device with me running a-trip so checking the battery life will be impossible. On the page you linked I read something about alarm mode, but it seems the unit already stopped logging by then, am i correct?

moustique wrote:
Hi,

1) As all IgotU device seems to work with the same principle, depending on your way-point intervals, in @trip PC, it will tell you the approximate battery duration. This is also depending on the signal quality, looking for a signal might consume more power than being in an open space.
For a 10 hours longevity, I would recharge my device after 8 hours to avoid bad surprise due to empty battery as nothing really warns you.
2) Fully charged, red led will switch off (in dark, you can still see a very light red light)

Cheers Moustique Smile

Some of this information is here... worth for all IgotU device.
http://igotu-gt120.blogspot.com/2009_08_07_archive.html

moustique

ID: 3214

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant tell you precisely when the device stops once the battery is low, but for sure, when you notice it, most of the time its too late as you don't check it continuously.
anticipate it with a small battery charger, I had no problems during my Iceland 28 days trip.
When on a charger, it will create a new file and will continue to save data.
Like written on my blog, when the red led is on and the blue one does not blink any more, you will have to wait a while before you can restart the device for it to log...
Cheers Moustique

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum index -> i-gotU GPS Travel Logger All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: